Microsoft PowerApps Timesheet App Replaces Excel SolutionThis commercial finance industry customer provides debt solution services to companies across all industries. The customer had been utilizing a Microsoft Excel-based timesheet system and was seeking a new mobile-friendly solution with advanced management and reporting capabilities.
Power Apps, SQL Server
The customer recognized the need for a modern, mobile-friendly solution for timesheet submittal, tracking, and reporting. The existing solution was error-prone and labor-intensive. Their intention was to create a web-based solution that integrated seamlessly with other backend systems. Upon completion, the customer would realize the following main benefits:
- Mobile-friendly, cloud-based version accessible from anywhere
- Consistency across organization-wide applications
- Common database backend for advanced management and reporting
- Elimination of labor-intensive spreadsheet compilation and reporting
- Decommissioning of the Excel-based timesheet solution
IncWorx performed a thorough analysis of the customer’s existing Microsoft Excel-based timesheet solution. We developed and executed the plan to create a modern, updated version of the application leveraging PowerApps and SQL Server. Some highlights of the solution include:
- PowerApps canvas app for mobile-friendly timesheets
- SQL Server database for storing timesheet data
- Secure permission-based access to timesheets
- Field-level business rules for time entry validation
- Centralized storage for easy, cross-application reporting using Power BI
Upon completion of their new Microsoft PowerApps timesheet app using PowerApps and SQL Server, the customer was able to reduce errors, eliminate manual, labor-intensive processes, and realize consistency across other corporate applications on Office 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Many companies have used Microsoft Excel for tracking and reporting time. It is a quick, effective way to get started, but as a company grows it finds the solution lacks controls and scalability. Access from mobile devices, better integration with other cloud-based tools, and advanced modern features are just a few reasons companies are making the move to PowerApps. Our customer engaged IncWorx to develop the app and are now realizing the benefits of a streamlined, mobile-friendly timesheet solution.
Want to learn more?
This is just one of the many solutions IncWorx has delivered for our customers.
To learn more about this or other solutions we’ve delivered, please contact us today.